Thursday – Common Core Standards
Common Core Reading for Kindergartners
By: Haley Kuster
I know this is a total deviation from what I normally write about, but I was really taken aback with this article and wanted to share and discuss it with you all. Take a look HERE.
Now, that you have read it. Here are my questions:
1. Did your student feel pressured in kindergarten to read/write?
2. How much pressure did that put on you, the parent?
3. At what age did your child begin to read?
4. Do you feel time spent in pre-school impacted reading skills in kindergarten?
5. Thoughts on Common Core in general – too much pressure? Just a tool for teachers? Motivation for teachers?
Also, I HAVE been keeping up with my cleaning challenge. Have you?? What did you clean this weekend? Each week a room in my home looks spectacular…. for a about a day or two. I need to find a blog on how to keep kids out of my clean rooms. If you have no idea what I’m talking about then check out my blog on it HERE.