F.A.S.T Reading Comprehension Program
At Learning Foundations, we offer an interactive, multi-sensory version of the F.A.S.T. program. F.A.S.T. is a phonics-based, reading comprehension program that accelerates your child’s reading level. F.A.S.T. is an acronym for Foundations of Analysis, Synthesis, and Translation, which are the three actions required by the brain to process and understand what is being read. This acronym is also a reference to how quickly students’ motivation and confidence in reading increases, when taught to read with the F.A.S.T. method.
- F.A.S.T. is a phonics-based, reading comprehension program that accelerates your child’s reading level. This program teaches students how to read, spell, and deepen comprehension by coupling each lesson with engaging short stories that allow students to immediately apply their new learning into the context of reading.
- We pre-test students to identify where the discrepancies are and then we track their progress in reading and in comprehension.
- This program is designed with 5 different starting points, so we can tailor this program to your student needs, whether it’s a comprehensive review (20 or more sessions) or an abbreviated track that fills-in gaps.
- We offer F.A.S.T. as our primary program because it is used in many schools in the Denver area and compliments the knowledge base that students have started building in the classroom.
- We take the learning deeper by providing powerful visual, auditory, and kinesthetic techniques to ensure that the F.A.S.T. strategies are used daily and stored in long-term memory.
- We deepen your student’s predicting and inferring abilities.
- We expand your student’s vocabulary by teaching prefixes, root words, and suffixes and their meanings.
- We teach the student how the processes of reading, writing, and spelling go together. Therefore, as growth is achieved in one area, it’s achieved in all areas.
- We incorporate games into the F.A.S.T. program so students have fun and gain confidence in themselves as readers!
Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere. – Chinese proverb