Parent Support Programs
B.E.S.T Parent Network (Behavior Education Support Team)
The BEST Parent Network is a group for parents of children who struggle in the classroom or in the world at large. The BEST Parent Network provides resources to families and the community at no cost. Through their complimentary presentations and phone consultations, the BEST Professional Members act as your “Behavior & Education Support Team” (BEST).
Understanding the brain
When we take a look at each student’s learning style, we also take a look at the strengths in their brain dominance and their multiple intelligence’s. These three perspectives give us quick insight into each student’s personal strengths and challenge areas. This comprehensive picture helps us determine how to teach and coach new habits to your student. Take a look at these resources for more insight into your student’s strengths.
- Left Brain vs. Right Brain Test
- Left Brain, Right Brain by Dan Eden – Witty look at how the brain’s hemispheres complement one another.
- MSN Mom’s Homeroom – Tips and tools to help you prepare your child to succeed in school.
- Learning Style Quiz – 9 questions to identify your learning style, describe your style, and offer study-tips
- Right Brain / Left Brain: What Is It All About? – An easy-to-understand explanation of the theory behind the right brain, left brain concepts and why it’s relevant to painters.
- Left Brain Right, Brain Quiz for Teens – Are you left brain dominant or right brain dominant?
- How do your lifestyle choices affect your brain’s health? – Developed by Neuroscientists – brief brain analysis.